free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 2 August 2011

C, it is almost a circle......


A cacophony of C’s careens through the crevices of my so-called brain!   The cadences of music creep without caution from my cranium.  

A song from Bing Crosby -- “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas”  -- sounds so comforting as we contend with the current heat wave in the Midwest USA.  

Per chance, is it the conundrum of staying cool that is making me “Crazy” -- as in the hit by Patsy Cline.  

And speaking of Willie Nelson (he wrote “Crazy”),  I crave outlaw country lyrics as they continue to surface willy-nilly.  “Chances will be taken….” croons Gary P Nunn in this ditty, the “London Homesick Blues.”    It became the theme song of the PBS TV show, Austin City Limits, the longest running popular music show on American TV.

Of course, there is the ultimate country song,  “you don’t have to call me darlin’, darlin’, but you never even call me by my name”, by Steve Goodman and John Prine which was a big hit for David Allan Coe.  

Contrary to what you may be thinking,  and lest you conclude I cotton only to country, here is a little Chopin played by Piotr Anderszewski, a Gilmore Artist (from Kalamazoo’s Gilmore International Keyboard Festival). 

Have I cajoled you into contributing to the celebration of C?  
Please come up with something to calm down the consternation in the convoluted cubicle of my head!   
Throw caution to the wind and join in!
http://www.freshcoloring.com/wp-content/uploads/yapb_cache/letter_c_cheese_and_mouse.6p34806srpooow400wkcc8w40.91yyvwac750kkk8wk8gg8csco.th.jpeg


22 comments:

  1. Hi ABC friends. I combined my C with "that's my World". I am looking forward to seeing your C- words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT post and motivator - especially the White Christmas as I sit wilting here at my kitchen table! Thanks for the imagery and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice C intro !!

    Pheno

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a commendable job with the introduction to the letter C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh don't you remind me of the heat wave, lets stay cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot access entry # 7 by pheno menon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry something went wrong with the posting. I have now posted again in number 34 !! Sigh and i thought I was in the top 10 !!

    Pheno

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you Mrsnebitt ;) look forward to the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crikey it's Wednesday again! Hope that it cools down soon for all you folks across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A potted history from me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unpoetry with lots of "C"s to choose from, along with plenty of other stuff. Hope you enjoy the glimpse into my nether mind.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job for "C" and absolutely love the Cheese and Mouse....Perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  13. A cheery beginning to C - I completed mine tonight after choosing a cluster of my cherished photos to contribute to the celebration of C. :)
    I know I can't visit everyone's, but I'm going to give it the old college try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. someone brought a Christmas tree to the staff room today. That's when we get a white Christmas in New Zealand. Some people actually celebrate christmas in July here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I live in the town but one day am gonna be a country girl again. Chopin is calming but I love country music, even the cheesy lyrics. Happy ABC and love your collection of Cs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to be visiting folks eventually, but it will take a while; limited Internet connectivity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Iam also going to join this them from now by submitting my drawings. Hope you all will like to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I commend you on your consistent use of the crooners from the past in character sketch of C. Thanks for hosting the hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Denise, Roger & Co., your every letter-post is a masterpiece of wordsmithing, a clever concoction of a meaningful text full of that-letter words. They all can be arranged in a way that makes sense, makes you think and make you smile! :)
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh those country tunes - we know them well here too!

    Hope the heat calms down for you - sending you some cool New England air.

    ReplyDelete