free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 24 October 2011

Opting for O on ABC Wednesday


http://www.fromoldbooks.org/Tymms-Illuminating/pages/65-Fourteenth-century-23-01-letterO/65-Fourteenth-century-23-01-letterO-q85-398x330.jpg

Just my humble opinion now, but no one should opt out of blogging for O! 

“Oh goodness gracious,” you object, “I have had no opportunity to ogle an osprey.  Nor could I observe a loon or explore the ocean.  I am not too keen on orthology, let alone orthography.  Why am I obligated to contribute?!   Stop being such an ogre!”  

 
“You are simply obfuscating the issue with those outré excuses,” I openly opine, “and, moreover,  you are being obdurate in overlooking all the O’s surrounding you!

For every obscure reference like ocarina, there is an overcoat in your closet.  Are you wearing an oxford shirt?  Did you enjoy oatmeal for breakfast?  And just who was that oaf who stole your spot in the parking lot?  Perhaps you are old enough to have seen oleo replace that other spread, butter?   Or young enough to have seen the start of HBO or the Oxygen network?  Certainly you know Our President!


You can look at me orey-eyed -- or out your window at the oak tree.   Put your oar in the water for ABC Wednesday -- outlandish and common choices abound! 
 
 I’d be much obliged.
And overcome with joy!”




29 comments:

  1. Great intrO, Helen.
    I got myself all confused, and thought today must be Tuesday, so I've already posted my O post.
    However, there's one bit of confusion you might help me with. At the top of the page here, it says "any time Tuesday due to time differences" and then, at the bottom, in the fine print, it says 5pm October 25, but it doesn't say what time zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice intro for O day!
    But Mr Linky is Out? Oh Oh Oh!
    Here is my link: http://merrymildred.blogspot.com/2011/10/abc-wednesday-is-for-old-oddities.html

    ***
    Have a nice and happy day****

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great O words! And Obama is a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, I have the same question. Maybe Denise can help us with this one.
    Helen
    p.s. I probably posted the intro too early......

    ReplyDelete
  5. The linky tool is embedded and will "open"in about 4 hours - 4pm GMT - Roger will explain the technical side of the proceedings, it escapes my blonde understanding! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen - what a great celebration of O from across the Ocean - Jane UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Basically, it's ABC Wednesday. It'll be Wednesday in New Zealand when Mr. Linky is up, though it's only Tuesday in the US and Europe.

    BTW, OUTSTANDING intro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. R and D,
    Thank you for the info. And here,s to New Zealand -- always ahead of us all!!!!
    Helen
    P.s.
    D, I cannot keep this in my head, either....

    ReplyDelete
  9. To All,
    thank you for the kudos -- I had a lot of fun with this ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, it seems I posted ahead of Mr Linky too. I'll be back to link up properly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Original intro and O is off to a great start for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great O words now I have to get out the dictionary, turn to O and try to find all those new O words. Great post Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My link http://myindiantravel.blogspot.com/2011/10/olakneswara-temple-mahabalipura.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mine is here http://www.mycountryroads.com/2011/10/wild-berries-in-red-and-orange.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. let´s see: germany is gmt +1, but in summertime gmt +2. so it should be 6pm here if you start. i will see, if i get it :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wherever you are, whatever the time just post your link.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, what an Original and Outstanding intrO!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am overjoyed at your outstanding introduction to the "O" post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. GREAT O! I Oh! sO thought we were On N this week. I guess last week the brOnchitis had me sicker then I thOught. A few changes and I'm back in the game...YAY! Shuuuu. Just in time tOO! I have a marathOn to run in this weekend. Yicks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Obama! Good one-so obvious yet so original.
    Happy Wednesday everyone.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Wednesday all. Dont let your work get Overexposed and the fun get underexposed..


    Pheno

    ReplyDelete
  22. I commend the ABC Wednesday team for the way you come around and "visit" participants. Your comments show that you have READ the entries. Not only do you inspire me to find great things for my city daily photo post, you generate traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I love your clever written orations.
    I've been gone from a for over a few months, but am back and overjoyed!
    -gel
    http://soulcrayons.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The letter O is o so fabulous! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great O intro!!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, what fun it is to blog
    for our meme here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Obama, a good representative of O

    ReplyDelete