free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Welcome to S Week!

Step right up, Signores and Signoras! Stay tuned for our Superb group of bloggers - from Stylish Students to Sprightly Seniors - who will Stun us with their Stupendous contributions to ABC Wednesday! As the Selected presenter for our S week, I'd like to tell you a bit about Sicily, a Spot where I wasn't all that keen on Staying at first. Even though I was Sick with a miserable cold and Sinus infection for the entire week I was there, I was Stunned by the Scenery, the Greek history, and the people. The Social interactions we had were plentiful and the citizens were more than happy to Share their Stories. Many cities in Sicily begin with the letter "S" and most of them harken from their ancient Greek heritage. I was unaware of the connection between Greece and Italy until my visit and I would love to return some day. Have a look at the photo album below and if you click on the photos, they will embiggen for you! Also, I've mislabelled the Mediterranean Sea and Siracusa Harbour on page 5, but I Somehow can't get back to edit it. But I'm Sure you'll know the difference.
Click to play this Smilebox photo album
Now it's your turn to Share your Silly Scenarios with Salty Sea lionS, your Stories about being Sent off to outer Space, or Sketches of your Sweet and Salubrious Spinch Salad! Staying tuned...

Sincerely, Leslie in Western Canada




17 comments:

  1. Sush Says Superb....
    S-Post from me awaits submission and Sharing with all S-mates of ABC Wednesday.
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie - SUCH a SENSATIONAL START for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupendous !!!!!

    Pheno

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Sicily Shots are Stunning, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never (yet) been to Sicily, although it it high on the list. Great "S" spot, and I look forward to savoring all the others as well. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great S post. I'm sorry you were sick during the trip but glad you had the consolation of beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie what a lovely album - I have never been to Sicily either - but it is on my list of places to go Jane UK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots Leslie which have warmed me up on a chilly November night :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I'm a new follower! Love your very creatively made meme :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine is dedicated to all naturally shaped people. Are you one?

    ReplyDelete
  11. great shots


    toronto taxi airport http://guyro.typepad.com/blog/2009/09/email-greetings-in-multiple-languages.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello all.
    Leslie, thank you for hosting this week & for the Splendid intro. I love your album...awesome photos!

    Have a happy & joyful week everyone!

    A Sweet, Spanish Flower

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the prompt. I guess mine is about the Ssss snow we are expecting tonight and into tomorrow. (Yuck) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How about some Snow?

    Happy Thanksgiving to our US contributors and Happy Wednesday to all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Smiling...album so real-looking...Also: seniors can be stylish, too. :)

    ReplyDelete