free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Vancouver pics from Leslie

Here are a few photos of this, one of the most beautiful and most often voted city as the best place to live in the world. It's nestled beneath the Coast Mountain Range, which gets snow in winter where lots of people enjoy winter sports like skiing and snowboarding. Cruise ships leave from the Sails at Canada Place for ports like Alaska, Hawaii, Australia, and the USA. We have one of the largest Chinatowns in the world (outside of Asia) and if you like, you can go whale watching. It also boasts Stanley Park, one of the most famous parks in the world where you can visit the aquarium, walk or ride the seawall, hike into the forested area, or view native totem poles. Finally, we have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world with views of the city, mountains, and oceans. There is just so much more I could tell you about my city, but you will just have to visit!





































11 comments:

  1. I had to take the pics out of the previous post, because the codes from the pictures were fussing negatively with the Linky. Sorry, Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With pictures like this, who wouldn't want to go! I definitely do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ! Beautiful photos Leslie! Is Linky playing up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vancouver certainly looks like a splendid place to visit - I particulary like the whale pic

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the places in Canada that I like to explore. Actually all of Canada ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2011/12/vestigiality.html

    For some reason I can't see Mr Linky so I'll include my entry in the comment.

    Having holidayed in Vancouver some years ago I can vouch for the glories of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vancouver is a beautiful city, but to my mind San Diego just has a slight edge because we don't have snow. But that's just my preference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vancouver didn't have snow, either, Chris, when it hosted the Winter Olympics last year. Had to have manmade snow. What an embarrassment for my beautiful home city. I worked there for many years, and lived there for several.
    Thanks, Leslie and Roger, and maybe Mr. Linky, for this post about one of my preferred places in the world.

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great city, probably much more than the Vancouver from Washington state. :)
    I considered once moving to YOUR Vancouver...:)
    Maybe I'll visit, someday!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The whale photo is amazing - love it!

    ReplyDelete