free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 7 April 2014

M is for MICE

Ever since I had a cats I also had suddenly mice. So if you suffer from Mice phobia don't read further. I would do the same when it comes to spiders.

My cats bring cute little mice in the house, proud of their prey and probably with the loving intention to show me what good hunters they are. The only problem is, they play a bit with the mouse and then go to other tasks, and the mouse looks for a comfortable, cat safe place to stay. Usually in the living room under the cupboard. I try to get him or her out and put some cheese on the floor, which the mouse eats with pleasure, cleans her whiskers and before I have time to catch her with help of a Newspaper folded into a cone, it has disappeared again under the cupboard. So far I have always managed to get the mouse out alive !

Unfortunately, sometimes it happens that the mouse doesn't survive the game, and it's really not a nice feeling when you climb out of your bed and step barefoot on a mouse corpse.



One day,  when still half asleep I wanted to prepare my coffee, I saw a mouse head looking at the cat food with hungry eyes. I never found the body or the tail, they landed probably in one of my cats stomach.




My cat Rosie prefers toy mice which are more bearable. Quite the opposite to me she is a little housewife. During the nights she collects her mice and put them in the water bowls to do her laundry. I dry them for her on the radiator. Sometimes she also decorates my slippers with a mouse, or she puts them in the food bowls which is not so appreciated by the other three.

Therefore follow my advice, don't take a cat if there are mice around where you live ! 




20 comments:

  1. We had a little (petite) female orange tabby named Daisy. She was DEATH on 4 paws. She killed eveerything in the neighborhood: mice, rats, gophers, birds, even a baby hummingbird! One day, one of the neighborhood roadrunners chased HER down the street! Yes, I've had dead mice, gopher heads, lizards all put on our front porch~Ack!
    Cheryl Ann
    P.S. She lived to be 17 years old and just died last December, here in her yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a headless mouse in my house when I had cats. How the head could have found its way from British Columbia to Belgium is a mystery.
    What really bothered me was when my cat killed birds. I love birds, but I don't get sentimental about mice.
    I hope you and Mr. G. and the cats are all well.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. M for me is......
    Take a read
    http://www.ananyatales.com/2014/04/disgusted.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat is really very sweet and special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard from friends with cats that they bring dead mice to them as if presenting a present. Good M post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun M post. I think if I had a problem with mice I might even agree to having a cat about. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thankfully, I've alway had the opposite luck, no mice because I have two cats. yea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed this M post:) Thank you for hosting, Gattina:)
    http://amitaag.blogspot.in/2014/04/monolith.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun read. Glad I have no mice problems and there is no need to keep a cat. I will terrified of mice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gattina, M is for Mice & M is for Mouse too- the Computer Mouse & Mickey Mouse :)
    Nice to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that little mouse head would have freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! Happy end week, best regard from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  13. A mosaic, a monument and a magical, magnificent, municipal park in Moonee Ponds in MELBOURNE!
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "M" is for a Musical Magpie in Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  15. M is for Mailbox. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to smile as I read about climbing out of your bed and stepping barefoot on a mouse corpse. I once stepped on a mouse head with bare feet in my upstairs bedroom. I never did find the rest of the critter. I've discovered innards and once the bottom half of a rodent too, but the worst part is when they curl up somewhere in the house and die leaving me to hunt down the source and location of a rather unpleasant stench. Right now I am cleaning under my refrigerator. Still haven't found the deceased, but something stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im sure I would have screamed if I had found that mouses head. Very grotesque but good job cat.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never like mice, when I was in primary school, I learn about the London Plaque. It floods every year in my home town, the mice and rats creep up on my mum's veg patch. I had a phobia since. My cats used to catch mice and rats like yours. I was the one who have to dispose of the leftovers. I don't know why, I was the one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, I would have had a heart failure! Mice freak me out completely. Once a mouse ran past my mom while she was vacuuming and she sucked that mouse up into the vacuum cleaned. Freaked me out good and proper and I have never forgotten it. ♥

    ReplyDelete